Monday, February 8, 2010

Simple truth about life

I was sitting and wondering how life is a constant struggle. I have never got anything easy in my life. I have struggled and slogged to get what ever little I have got till now. I am sure in the future also I will be working and slogging to move forward.
I think there are two types of people in this world - the one who struggles to get each and everything done and the other who gets everything so easily. I am sure all of us have met both the groups of people through out.
The latter group comes up at our school, college, work etc. But then how can God create distinctly two categories of people. Its just not fair! The results should be directly proportional to one's work. But on second thoughts, if life was that fair, I guess there will not be any spice in life. Imagine Utopia - where you know that I slogged for this many hours more than the other person, so I have to get the result I wanted. It just doesn't work.
But when you look further into it, its more to do with the way you take life. Some people, like me, take life too seriously. While the latter group have the policy to live life the way it is. Thats how you have to live. Less worries ( I won't say no worries), less tension, leads to long and happy life. I get panicked by the mere chaos of a situation in my fully planned life. But the other category takes life so easily. The end result is my category end up with blood pressure, heart attack and other stress related diseases before we even touch 50. The others will keep on getting things easily (thats what we think coz of their attitude towards life).
Alas! If only it was easier to practice what you preach.
Comments welcome by all readers, if at all I have any left :)